Thank you all for your understanding at these times of great change, your patience has been really gratefully received at the practice.
We wanted to list some helpful dos and don’ts to help us all manage as best as we can. We remain open with controlled access
- Use our website orchardmedicalcentre.co.uk for everything you can before you phone
- If you are worried about Covid-19/Coronavirus then look at nhs.uk rather than call us
- If you are concerned you might be in an ‘at risk’ group please read the guidance on nhs.uk
Please Do Not
- Do not come to the surgery if you haven’t been asked to. Use the website or phone
- Do not stockpile medicines as this will cause problems
- Do not ask us for sick notes for self-isolation, they are not required
- Do not request paracetamol or ibuprofen on prescription as we have more access to this than you. We understand there are pressures on the system. Find out what you do to help your children with a high temperature: www.nhs.uk/conditions/fever-in-children/
If you can do this it will help us keep the phone lines free for people that are ill and need us.
Coronavirus/Covid-19 support advice from NHS 111 online: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Updated privacy notice: www.orchardmedicalcentre.co.uk/privacy-notice-gdpr-2
As a carer you may need support or advice through this difficult time. You can still contact the Carers’ Support Office either via the online referral forms – www.carerssupportcentre.org.uk/professional – or the Carers’ line on 0117 965 2200.
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire are here to help you find the latest advice, offer a friendly ear if you are self-isolating and help with arranging prescription deliveries.
Healthwatch was set up to find out about patient experiences of health and social care but have stopped face-face engagement activities for now and still want to offer a friendly service centred around your needs. In response to the increased pressure placed on pharmacies due to COVID-19, Healthwatch South Gloucestershire are also matching volunteer drivers up with requests for prescription deliveries from community pharmacies in South Gloucestershire.
You can call, text, WhatsApp or email Healthwatch South Gloucestershire about your health and social care experiences, to access support if you are feeling cut-off from your community, or to arrange a prescription delivery:
Telephone: 07944 373 235
Healthwatch South Gloucestershire is open and available Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.