Armed Forces Veteran Friendly Accredited GP Practice
We are an Armed Forces veteran friendly accredited GP practice.
If you have served in the military services for at least 1 day as regular or reserve, please register as a veteran and receive access to specialist services and support for veterans
By registering as a veteran, you can also receive priority treatment, higher standard prostheses on NHS, specialist mental health services and financial assistance if military service is considered a contributing factor. Please ask your GP about this.
Offers 24/7 information, advice and support for veterans and their families including information about healthcare, housing, employment and finances.
Dedicated mental health support helpline for veterans and their families.
This provides confidential advice and support and is free to call for veterans, family members and carers.
This helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 0800 138 1619.
A mental health support service that provides:
- anonymous, round-the-clock online support with trained counsellors
- a supportive community, including forums for safe conversation
- free resources to help you improve your mental health
All armed forces serving personnel, reservists, veterans and their families can access these services at any time.
Op COURAGE: the Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
Help for you and your family with a range of support and treatment, including:
- supporting you with intensive emergency care and treatment if you’re in a crisis
- helping you transition from military to civilian life by providing mental health care with Defence Medical Services (DMS)
- supporting armed forces families affected by mental health problems, including helping you access local services
- helping you recognise and treat early signs of mental health problems as well as more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- helping you get in touch with charities and local organisations who can support your wider health and wellbeing needs, such as housing, relationships, finances, employment, drug and alcohol misuse and social support
Everyone at Op COURAGE is either from the armed forces community or is experienced in working with serving personnel, reservists, veterans and their families. They understand military life and the courage it takes to speak with someone.
Telephone: 0300 365 2000
You will need your military service number and be registered with a GP practice in England.
(Naval Families Federation, Army Families Federation and Royal Airforce Families Federation)
Offer independent and confidential support and advice to families of serving personnel.
GOV.UK: Veterans and Reserves Mental Health Programme
A Ministry of Defence (MoD) specialist service that provides mental health assessments and treatment advice for veterans and reservists.
It works closely with the NHS and DMS to provide appropriate treatment.
You can usually only access this service if a GP refers you to it. Ask your GP about a referral.
Royal British Legion - Kingswood & Hanham Branch
They provide financial, social and emotional care and support to all members of the British Armed Forces – past and present and their families.
Kingswood & Hanham Branch meets every 3rd Thursday monthly (except August & December) at 10:15 am at 104 Regent Street, Kingswood.
Membership is open to everyone. If you have an interest in the objectives of the Legion and want to help and support for those who have served and their families, come and join us. We welcome men and women of all ages, whether they have served in the Armed Forces or not.
Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the country and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.
Drop in for a chat 10-4pm Weekdays
Call 0808 802 8080 8-8pm 7days a week
Live chat through website 8-8pm 7 days a week